An Introduction to Dermalogica
Dermalogica is a skin care brand that was founded in 1986 by the entrepreneur and professional skin therapist Jane Wurwand. Her mission was to improve skin care and skin health education around the world. With Dermalogica, she has turned her passion for skin care into the No.1 professional skin care brand in the U.K., as well as a global success.
Today, Dermalogica has skin care educational programs in more than 85 countries around the world, and it has accumulated over 20,000 skin therapist supporters. Wherever Dermalogica is sold, there will be a qualified skin therapist so you can make the right product choices for your skin. They utilize pioneering Face Mapping skin analysis technology to ensure that each customer gets a personalized skin care regimen that will provide optimum results.
A Dermalogica Timeline
The brand may have been around less than 40 years, but Dermalogica has managed to fill those years with significant milestones and achievements:
- 1983 – The International Dermal Institute is born as a response to the gap in skin care knowledge between the U.S., Europe and South Africa.
- 1983 – Dermalogica is founded by Jane Wurwand as a skin care brand by skin care therapists for therapists.
- 1987 – Dermalogica starts its global domination, expanding from its Los Angeles roots to 80 countries.
- 1999 – The Dermalogica Foundation is formed.
- 2000 – The brand turns advertising on its head with the “We’re Not Pretty” campaign, which emphasized the importance of skin health over beauty.
- 2001 – Dermalogica launches its all-time best-selling product, the Daily Microfoliant, and its revolutionary Face Mapping skin analysis to give customers a bespoke skin care service.
- 2003 – The first Dermalogica concept space opens in Santa Monica.
- 2006 – Its MicroZone Treatment launches, offering a quick 20-minute treatment for a number of skin care concerns.
- 2010 – The Dermalogica Foundation launches FITE (Financial Independence Through Entrepreneurship) to help women and girl entrepreneurs around the world.
- 2013 – The brand launches its first line for teenage skin called Clear Start.
- 2014 – Dermalogica launches its Face Map the Nation campaign and maps an astonishing 50,000 faces.
Dermalogica is passionate about all types of skin, no matter the texture, color or age. Its mission is to make each and every customer feel comfortable in their own skin. The company believes that everyone deserves to have beautiful, glowing skin, not just for a while but for life. With Dermalogica, it isn’t about extravagant marketing campaigns or fancy packaging; the quality skin care products speak for themselves.
Dermalogica Product Overview
Dermalogica prides itself on creating products for the skin that actually work. Its product range is developed by skin care experts using the latest scientific formulas and quality natural ingredients.
Dermalogica addresses a number of skin care concerns with its products, including acne and breakouts, oiliness, signs of aging, dry skin, uneven skin tone and sensitive skin. It specializes in offering complete skin care systems, which include all the products needed to treat, improve and prevent a number of skin concerns. Popular Dermalogica systems include UltraCalming, Skin Health and Medibac Clearing.
The Dermalogica Foundation
Dermalogica is proud to give something back to the women who are the driving force behind the brand. It launched the Dermalogica Foundation in 1999 to nurture and support underprivileged women and girls who want to gain economic security for themselves but don’t necessarily have the opportunities to do so. In 2010, FITE (Financial Independence Through Entrepreneurship) helped women entrepreneurs in 57 countries around the world.