Looking for a career in the beauty industry? You’ve come to the right place! The Career Services department at Ogle School plays a key role in helping students achieve their goals by connecting them with outstanding career opportunities. Our Career Services department engages with students, salons, licensed Cosmetologists / Estheticians and others in the beauty industry to build strong relationships and create career opportunities.
OGLE TALENT JOB BOARD
An education at Ogle School will prepare you for a rewarding career in the beauty industry. Businesses from all over the state visit our dedicated job board to post open positions.Employers wanting to hire newly licensed Cosmetologists and Estheticians contact Ogle School every day with job opportunities in a variety of settings: salons, spas, blow-dry bars and lash bars to name a few.
DERMALOGICA GRAD PACK
We’ve built some amazing relationships with employers and alumni over the last 47 years. Many of them are looking to hire our fabulous and talented grads to build their teams.
Top 10 Interview Tips
1. Research. Be knowledgeable of the position and the business at which you are interviewing.
2. Arrive on time. Know where you’re going, map out your travel time, and plan to be early.
3. Dress appropriately. Always dress for the job you want. Look the part, but be professional.
4. Be prepared. Bring copies of your resume, take notes and ask questions.
5. Show enthusiasm. The beauty industry is high-energy, positive and fun! Let them know you are too.
6. Listen. Pay close attention to what is and isn’t said and learn to read between the lines.
7. Be yourself! Pretending to be someone you’re not is never a good idea.
8. Expect the unexpected. 90% of all employers will ask a “killer” question.
9. Ask questions. Even if you’re a good fit for the job, the job may not be a fit for you. Find out.
10. Follow up. Send a note to say thank you. Don’t miss this one last chance to market yourself.