There is no denying that long, flowing locks are a beautiful thing. They can be styled so many different ways and therefore gives you such great versatility. But, they can also be such high maintenance, taking forever to wash, condition and style. Don’t you ever think of trying something different? A style that is fairly low maintenance, but has seriously high impact. Then why not try the pixie crop.
The pixie crop, or even just a short style, is definitely an emerging hair trend, that we predict that over the summer of 2017, it will be huge. Zoe Kravitz recently chopped her long locks into a stunning little pixie crop, and the result is gorgeous. It showed off her beautiful bones structure and really worked with her edgy style. Katy Perry has also took the plunge with a super short crop that drove the internet crazy, and who can blame them, as it accentuated her perfect features. And supermodel and actress, Cara Delevingne has went all the way with a complete buzz cut, that she made magical at the MET Gala, by painting it silver.
How To Pull Off The Pixie Crop
When it comes to the pixie crop, it is not a ‘one size fits all’ situation. Different styles will work for different face shapes, and there are plenty of guides online to help you determine what face shape you have.
- Round – Choose a style with a side swept fringe, and wear it straight, to create angles to offset the roundness of your face.
- Oval – Consider yourself very lucky if your have an oval face, as pretty much every style will suit you. So whatever pixie crop you feel like, go for it. Discuss your options with your stylists and see what you can come up with.
- Square – A textured crop worn in a quiff like style a la Tilda Swinton (the queen of the pixie crop) works so well for square faces as it complements a strong jaw line. Just make sure you keep softness in the quiff, as opposed to spiking the ends.
- Long – If you have a long face, a short pixie crop may not work for you. Instead consider a short bob, with texture to create a little volume to add balance to a long face by giving width.
- Heart – Frame the features of a beautiful heart-shaped face with a pixie crop with soft bangs across the forehead. Those with heart shaped faces can go fairly short at the back with longer bangs in the front, for a super contemporary style.
Keep your pixie crop looking its best by going for regular trims at your salon around every 6-8 weeks.
If you do want to go for a shorter style for summer, but are not sure what will work best for you, why not pop into the Ogle School Salon, and have a chat with one of our stylists. They will be able to talk through the shapes and cuts that will look best on you. You will get a great cut, at a great price, and walk away feeling like a million dollars. So, what do you think? Is the pixie crop for you.